Best Burger?

The Ocean Club.

Who is this mysterious stranger?

Caesar Salad
capers & Pecorino
Caesar dressing


Mac & Cheese
molasses-braised beef short ribs
side Mac & Cheese with baked brie
cherry tomato confit

The ‘OC’ Burger
prime rib beef burger
molasses-braised short ribs
caramelized onions & yam fries

Two sides to a coin...two sides to a burger.


Ended up going here to celebrate a friend`s birthday. The design of this place is kind of interesting. The service from what I remember was great. There was about 40 of us but they managed to get our foods out in a reasonable amount of time.

Started off with a Caesar Salad. Not bad. I do like my Caesar smothered with extra sauce though. I liked the use of the cheese slices on the salad (not shredded cheese).

For the main course, some of my friends got the Mac N Cheese. Dish came with Cherry Tomatoes which from what I was told happened to be the juiciest tomatoes. The dish also came with braised beef short ribs. This seems to be a regular favorite at The OC. I had a hard time deciding on whether to order the burger or the MNC (Mac N Cheese). The people that ordered the MNC seemed to like it.

The highlight of the night for me was my choice of entree: The OC Burger. The burger patty itself used prime rib beef and included braised short ribs, caramelized onions and yam fries. If you look at the pics above, there seems to be some sauce oozing out as well. Not too sure what kind of sauce this is. It seems like it`s the same sauce given for the yam fries. This might sound like a reach, but I believe this was one of the best burgers I`ve ever had. That`s quite the statement, but I can`t think of a burger as good as this in recent memory. Definitely worth trying if you ever visit The OC. Everything just went so well together. I`m not a big fan of yam, but the fries were really good as well.

Had a great time here. Would definitely return again in the future.


The Ocean Club
Suite 105
100 Park Royal
West Vancouver BC

Telephone: (604) 926-2326

Ocean Club on Urbanspoon

No comments: