The King Of Burgers.

smoked cheddar spinach dip:
grilled chicken, romano, parmesan, mozzarella, salsa fresca



house caesar:
fresh croutons, grana padano


Strawberry Banana Smoothie


the burger aka the feenie burger:
aged cheddar cheese, cured bacon, sautéed mushrooms, red pepper relish
Comes with French Fries and side of Ketchup.



Another shot of the burger.

Most of the above pics may not appear as clear due to low lighting. I tried my best by doing some manual adjustments.

If you've been following my food blog from day one, or if you've read some of my earlier posts, you will know that my first post involved me paying a visit to a club. Now this is no ordinary club. Sure, the place is packed, the music is loud, the crowd is energetic...but don't let this fool you. You want good food? Then read along...

The service was great. Our server was very friendly and attentive to all of our needs.

For those that do not know, former owner/chef of Feenie's and Lumiere, Rob Feenie, is now working with Cactus Club. Onto the food now...

The Smoked Cheddar Spinach Dip came first as an appetizer that most of us shared. It was okay. Nothing mind blowing. I guess this is the closest thing to nachos...anyways, we were trying to figure out what the white blocks in the dip were. I thought they were cheese curds...I confirmed later on with our server that it was chicken.

The House Caesar came next. I had requested that it be overloaded with extra sauce and cheese. It was one of the best Caesar's I've had. Let's hope that it's not due to the abundance of Caesar dressing.

The Strawberry Banana Smoothie was great. It might be a little bit too sweet for some though. The only complaint I have is that it was too little. I wished they put it in one of those taller glasses.

The highlight of the night came shortly after. The Burger, also known as The Feenie Burger. It came with the whole works and French Fries. It tasted AMAZING. Definitely one of the best burgers I've ever had. The burger patty was unbelievable...it was really fresh and full of flavor. Very juicy too. You absolutely have to try it to believe it. Highly recommended item to order when you're here. My only complaint about the burger was that it was so juicy that the bottom bun got soaked a lil bit. Tip: As you can see in the above pics, the burger is quite big so I recommend requesting it be cut in half.

Although I did not order it, two people from our table ordered the Butternut Squash Ravioli (with truffle beurre blanc, fried sage, pine nuts and amaretti cookies). Unfortunately there is no picture of it as well. I was however told beforehand from another friend that it was simply amazing. The two people that ordered it seemed to really enjoy it.


We left the club at around 10:30pm and to our amazement it was still packed and there were still some people waiting outside for a table.

Be sure to pay a visit to this club sometime and order The Burger aka The Feenie Burger aka The King Of Burgers.

http://www.cactusclubcafe.com/

588 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC
Tel: 604.682.0933

Cactus Club Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: