Prime Time For Prime Rib.

PRIME RIB & LOBSTER
Slow roasted prime rib with an oven baked Atlantic lobster tail.
Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Sauces: Au Jus and Horse-Radish.

A note about the above pic. Presentation is everything. If you click on the above pic, you will see that there are little spots here and there. That's a big no-no.

I will only be talking about the Prime Rib and Mashed Potatoes (sans the Lobster) as I never actually had the Lobster before.

As most of you may know, The Keg is most famous for their Prime Rib. If you're one of those that can't stomach rare meat, I wouldn't recommend this as it is normally available in rare or medium rare...although you can always request to cook it up a bit.

The Prime Rib normally comes with quite a bit of marbling (or fat if you will). The PR is consistently good. I'm not a big fan of horse-radish, but I love the Au Jus that comes with the meal and always make sure to soak each piece in Au Jus before eating it.

For starch/side dish, I normally choose the Garlic Mashed Potatoes over the rest i.e. French Fries, Baked Potatoes, Double Baked. In this case, the default starch/side dish is the Garlic Mash. The Garlic Mash goes really well with the Prime Rib.

If you haven't tried this dish yet, I recommend you give it a shot.

No comments: