Campbell's Gardennay Fire Roasted Sweet Pepper and Tomato Soup

Packaging Label of Campbell's Gardennay Fire Roasted Sweet Pepper and Tomato Soup


Soup served in a white bowl with freshly cracked salt and pepper.

I was first introduced to this line of soups by Campbell's through some co-workers. I thought I would try this myself. Managed to pick some up at Safeway. It was on sale at that time. Regular price was about $3.00. It was on sale for $2.50 per box. I would say that each box is good for two servings. Definitely a good deal.

Heated the soup up in a saucepan and brought it to a slight boil. Let it sit for a while and then served it in a white bowl with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Also toasted some white bread and spread some Becel Margarine on it.

The best part? The first dive that the toast took into the soup. The soup was really tasty and rich. It was everything I expected when I bought it.

Highly recommended. A great deal if you pick it up at Safeway when it is on sale. Even if it's not, $3.00 is not too bad as you get two servings.

On a side note, this is one of those soups that makes me wonder whether it's worth spending over $5 for a bowl of soup at a restaurant. I've had soups at restaurants in the past that I honestly would not say is better than Campbell's Gardennay Fire Roasted Sweet Pepper and Tomato Soup. Not to knock other restaurants that actually do serve great quality soup.


http://www.gardennay.ca/com_new/about.asp

No comments: