Milestone's Portobello Mushroom Chicken

Portobello Mushroom Chicken
Double breast, with sliced Portobello mushrooms sautéed in olive oil with plenty of fresh basil, roasted garlic and reduced reggiano cream served over capellini

Note: I subbed the capellini for Mashed Potatoes


A closer look.


Another close-up shot.


Even closer.


Extra side of sauce.

When you think of Milestones, most people think of Earls, Cactus Club Cafe and Moxies. For me, they are all different and there are certain dishes that stand out at each restaurant.

At Milestones, that dish would have to be the Portobello Mushroom Chicken.

In terms of mushrooms, my favorite would have to be portobello. Put that together with roasted garlic, fresh basil and a reduced reggiano cream, and you get a great sauce that goes well with a double breast chicken. The chicken was tender and tasty due to it soaking up all of the sauce. Before I could finish the chicken, I had used up all the tasty sauce and so had to request for a side of extra sauce to perfectly complement the chicken.

As noted above, I subbed the capellini with mashed potatoes. I normally like to get a side of mashed potatoes whenever I order something like a chicken breast or a steak. Mashed potatoes went really well with this dish.

I recommend this dish if you pay a visit to Milestone's!


Milestone's Grill and Bar
http://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/

Milestone's Grill and Bar on Urbanspoon

Milestone's Grill and Bar on Urbanspoon

Milestone's Grill and Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been ordering this dish for years. Last night, after attending the Closing Ceremony, we went to Milestone's in Yaletown and I ordered it again. It was the BEST I have ever tasted out of all the Milestone's Restaurants in the lower Mainland and Whistler. The sauce was excellent - reduced to perfection!! I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and excellent, friendly service. A great day...finished off with a great meal.