Highlander Pub: Where Men Wear Kilts

New York Sirloin Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Sides of French Fries and Tomato Basil Soup

For "pub food," it was fairly decent, I'd have to say. The mushroom sauce did seem like a canned cream of mushroom soup, with the possibility of some "fresh" mushroom thrown in the mix. The size of the steak was a 12oz., so no complains there. The cut itself was fairly tasty. The fries were nothing to write home about and I wished they could have included more. The tomato basil soup...well, it's hard to mess up on something like that.

I had quite high expectations for this place, and I left slightly disappointed.

I don't see myself coming back here....however, I have read that their nachos are pretty good.

If you don't care too much about food quality and just want to hang out at a pub with some friends and have a good time, this might be the place for you.

Highlander Pub
(613) 562-5678
ByWard Market/Lower Town
115 Rideau St
Ottawa, ON
Highlander Pub on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to the Highlander recently and tried their Haggis, I don't know why but it's a Scottish restaurant and I felt like trying something new. It was actually really nice, the service was great and the meals came out very quickly. Huge selection of Scotch too. I'd go back for sure.