More Than Your Average Pizza Spot.

FRESH BASIL & BLACKBERRY
Fresh organic green leaves, brown mushrooms, mango and roasted red bell peppers tossed in a basil & blackberry dressing.


BRUSCHETTA
Warm slices of garlic brushed organic bread served with diced marinated local tomatoes, fresh basil and parmesan.



Close up of the Bruschetta. So nice I had to take it's pic twice.


NATURALLY MEATY
Spicy certified organic beef, Italian sausage, ripe tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, asiago cheese and fresh herbs.


SPICY PEPPERONI
Organic beef pepperoni with cherry tomatoes, onions, brown mushrooms and fresh herbs.



Prior to visiting this place, I had never heard anything about the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company (RMFC)...I had no idea a restaurant of this sort existed. My friend, who is also a foodie, recommended this place to us.

When you first walk in, you'll realize that you're in no ordinary pizza restaurant. This is the kind of company that is pro-local, pro-organic, pro-green and pro-natural. They have workers that my school mates love to call Aggies. Sounds interesting? Read on...

The service here was great. I really appreciated the way that the servers conducted themselves. It just seemed like a really positive place to dine at....as opposed to those really dark or loud restaurants where you cannot carry a decent conversation.

I really liked the way the menu was designed. Here's a direct link to their menu:
http://www.rockymountainflatbread.ca/restaurant/menu_vancouverdinner.html

Here's the pdf version:
http://www.rockymountainflatbread.ca/vancouverdinner.pdf

They have nothing to hide in their kitchen. It's sort of an open kitchen. I always like restaurants that have open kitchens. You just feel a lot better about what goes into your food.

The food itself was just awesome. One of my friend's had the salad to start. Again, I'm not too sure exactly which one she ordered, but as far as I can recall, she seemed to enjoy it.

The Bruschetta...wow. The tomatoes...they just scream FRESH and JUICY at you. These are definitely not canned tomatoes. Goes really well with the garlic organic bread provided. I definitely recommend this for a starter. Another great dish recommended by my friend.

The pizza's were really great. If there's at least two of you dining, I recommend getting two different kinds of pizzas and sharing it so that everyone can have a variety. That's exactly what we did between the three of us. I believe I had a slight preference for the Pepperoni pizza. Sometimes less is really more. Oh another thing, a lot of the ingredients that they use on the pizzas are organic, local, fresh and natural. Definitely a plus.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. This place is ideal for a range of table sizes. They are able to accomodate big groups. Just make sure you call in advance to book a table.


Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company
1876 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver
Tel: 604-730-0321

Website:
http://www.rockymountainflatbread.ca/index.html


Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company on Urbanspoon


No comments: