The Ultimate Keg Experience.

I love The Keg.

The Keg is known of course for specializing in serving great steak. Depending on which location you go to, the ambiance can be quite different. For the most part, the ambiance is great. It can be at times a little bit too dark...leading to not the best pictures below. The service for the most part is also pretty good from the times I've been here.

Now onto the food...



FRENCH ONION SOUP
Hearty beef broth, Spanish onions, Swiss and Parmesan cheeses.


...after breaking in and mixing the cheese...

I like ordering this as a starter. I also dipping the bread provided into the soup. This soup is really tasty. Recommend for a starter.

PORTABELLA & BUTTON MUSHROOMS

I love mushrooms....especially when they are sauteed. These are absolutely delicious. I like ordering this with my plate of steak as they go really well with each other. Highly recommended as a side dish. Your taste buds will thank you!

PRIME RIB
Specially aged for extra flavour and tenderness,
rubbed with The Keg's unique blend of spices and slow roasted. Hand-carved and served
with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, horseradish and red wine herb au jus.
Requested for side of Bernaise Sauce.

I've already done a review of the Prime Rib...see below for earlier review. Unfortunately, it seems like I might have received a bad cut...at least that's what it looks like to me. Might have been a left-over end piece or something. The Au Jus goes really well with the PR. I'm not too big of a fan of the horse-radish though.

SIRLOIN OSCAR
Grilled sirloin topped with shrimp, scallops, asparagus and Bearnaise sauce.
Side of Double Baked Potato.

Essentially a sirloin steak with seafood (shrimp and scallops) as well as some asparagus topped off with Bearnaise Sauce. I'm not that big of a fan of sirloins...I do prefer other cuts such as Rib Eyes. As I mentioned before, the Double Bake is essentially a cross between a Baked Potato and a Mashed Potato. You get the best of both worlds. Get this meal if you're in the mood for more than just steak. Gotta love how they just overload on the Bearnaise Sauce.


RIB EYE STEAK
Grilled rib eye steak with mushrooms.
Served with side of Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Requested for side of Bearnaise Sauce.

My absolute favorite steak at The Keg. Absolutely mouth-watering and juicy everytime I order this dish. I love how it has the marbling which adds an extra shot of flavor to the meat. I love how it comes with Mushrooms too. I normally request for a side of Bearnaise Sauce. Did I mention I love Bearnaise Sauce? The garlic mash potatoes are great. I'm not that big of a fan of the onion rings though. Highly recommended steak to try when you're at The Keg.


Left over steak packaged in a to-go container.


Overall, you can't really go wrong with a visit to The Keg. And that's why I love The Keg.

No comments: