Orange is just the beginning...

Orange is just the beginning...

Orange Julius has been around for many years, and they are showing no signs of slowing down. I guess there's something about their drinks that just makes people coming back for more.

There's been a bunch of times when I walked past a long line up and decided to hop in line too for this guilty pleasure. I normally go with the classic original Orange Julius drink. On some occasions I may order the strawberry and banana smoothie. Both drinks are pretty good although I'd have to say that the original is still the better of the two.

By the way, have you ever seen an Orange Julius that is not beside a Dairy Queen?....

7 comments:

Chris said...

As much as I love the classic, I almost always get the strawberry. Come to think of it, I've only tried a few of their "other" beverages and never any food. You?

I think the only OJ that isn't next to a DQ is the one in a mall here. I'm going to have to see if I can find more!

Chris said...

Who would have thought I could just use the google/blogger login, instead of my usual username; raidar.

I Love Food Blog said...

I used to eat their hot dog and fries combo...for some really odd reason, they discontinued their french fries. It was really cool as they used a mini deep fryer. I believe now they use chips instead of fries.

It is definitely really rare to see a DQ all by itself.

Anonymous said...

An OJ, you mean... There are several stand-alone DQ shops, like the one in Denman (near Robson), Kingsway (near Killarney), etc.

Say, Blizzard vs. McFlurry vs. Twisted Frosty (Wendy's)? ^_^

I Love Food Blog said...

Yeah, I meant to say OJ.

I've had MacFlurry and Blizzard but have not tried Twisted Frosty from Wendy's yet. Which do you like best?

Anonymous said...

Blizzard, mainly because DQ's soft-serve has a thicker, creamier taste than the other two. I find the Twiste Frosty not creamy enough.

I Love Food Blog said...

In terms of DQ versus McD, I'm gonna have to agree with you KimHo. Costco should look into offering blizzards. They already have the ice cream for it.